1. There are birds singing out in my front yard! It’s been a cold winter, and while I haven’t complained, the relief brought by warmer temperatures and the sweet chirping outside makes me smile.
2. Sick day. I’ve been fighting a terrible cold, went to school yesterday, and I’m paying for it by feeling even worse today. I have big plans for sleeping, reading if the head pressure diminishes, and eating soup.
3. Sleepy dogs.
Both of them are sound asleep (Nanook awoke as I got closer for a photo), which would definitely anger my husband who was up letting them out then in twice during the night. Rascals!
4. Hot coffee. I usually have to drink out of a travel mug, which diminishes the sensation of a hot mug in my hands, the steam warming my face, even the taste. Today, I can’t exactly taste it, but the warmth is there. Heaven!
5. Quiet. I’m crazy about quiet because it is such a luxury in my house. I’m going to savor it today~ no tv, just the hum of the refrigerator, the clicking of keys, and occasionally the furnace running. Except for the birds… it’s a sweet silence.
6. Speaking of birds and quiet, a pigeon just crashed into my window! It startled me and the dogs, but appears to have flown away just fine. We have plenty of pigeons, and they’ve expanded their nesting areas from our barn to the overhangs of our porch. It’s been suggested that we catch them and sell them to local gun clubs, but I don’t think I have the heart to do it. They don’t bother me!
7. Taxes and Fafsa. I need to get them both done this week, but today isn’t the day. I might try to get the paperwork all together to make my job easier later. That’s enough about that!
8. Lifting fog. My living room just brightened enough to make me realize that I didn’t know how foggy it was. I hope that the fog in my head will likewise clear soon.
9. Returning to the woods. I love to run, hike and snowshoe on the trails just down the road. I’ve only been in the woods a few times this winter, though, so now that the sub-zero temps seem to have left, I’m ready to get back there. Tomorrow, I hope!
10. Here comes the weekend. My daughter comes home for spring break, which is always a good thing… One more girl in the house! She’s planning to work most of her break, so I’ll need to squeeze in quality girl time on the weekends. I’m really hoping to visit our local art museum, MOWA, and of course we’ll go for coffees and to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Girls just wanna have fun!